Before completing the complaint form below, please take the time to read these instructions; they will help you understand our function and better help us to understand and act on your complaint.
What AREAB Can Do
The Alabama Real Estate Appraisers Board (AREAB) will investigate complaints to determine if the appraiser violated the Alabama Real Estate Appraisers Act, the Alabama Real Estate Appraisers Board Administrative Code, or the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP). All complaints will be acknowledged in writing and you will be notified when the complaint process has been completed.
What AREAB Can Not Do
AREAB cannot accept anonymous complaints. AREAB cannot give legal advice or act as your attorney. AREAB cannot act as a court of law, order the refund of monies, award damages or cancel contracts. AREAB does not process complaints for disagreements with value conclusions if the method of arriving at a value is recognized and accepted in the profession. AREAB does not process complaints about individual business practices such as tardiness in product delivery, failure to keep appointments, rude behavior, etc. You may wish to consult an attorney or seek financial relief through the judicial system if you are seeking any of these outcomes.
How You Can Help Us
- Provide your name and address.
- Provide the name of the appraiser.
- Provide the address of property appraised.
- Provide the date of appraisal.
- Provide the client, lender, bank, review appraiser, etc.
- Briefly describe the basis of your complaint. (Monetary relief is not available from the AREAB)
- Attach photocopies of any documents or data you have to support your allegations (appraisal reports, contracts, letters, emails, etc.). Documentary evidence is especially important! Please provide legible photocopies of all documents relating to your complaint.
- Sign the complaint. The Certification Statement must be signed and dated to validate your complaint.
- Mail, fax or email complaint to:
Alabama Real Estate Appraisers Board
P.O. Box 304355
Montgomery, AL 36130-4355
To submit a complaint, use the following form: REAB Complaint Form